[Rumor] New EOS 70D And 3D Tidbits From Japan (Update – Illustrations and Specs)
Update: Thanks to an anonymous reader we are able to show you a pic of the magazine. And some translated specs too:
- 30+ megapixels, 1D-class body
- 61-point AF system, major functions same as 1DX
- Equipped with flash (or speedlite transmitter)
- Perhaps equipped with the first 4K movie recording function?
- Dual Digic5+ processors for 6 FPS
Canon EOS 70D
- Compact Body with better AF and continuous shooting than EOS 7D
- 22MP and DIGIC5+
- 19-point AF
- 6 FPS
- Update: our reader Positron (thanks!) suggests the title is saying also:
- Vari-angle display
- Magnesium body
- Photo/Video live view modes
Japanese photographic magazine CAPA, well known for reliable predictions in the past, published some specifications (and illustrations) of the EOS 70D and EOS 3D (according to this post). The reported spec for the 70D are 6 fps, Digic 5, 19 points AF system (the same as the EOS 7D?). No specs for the EOS 3D, except that it is expected to be a full-frame camera. Unfortunately no images were provided in the post.
Following the post, there should be illustrations/drawings published in CAPA. Can anyone of our Japanese readers here send me some images from the magazine? Or help translate the text? Thanks in advance!